|
1.17.2005 So it’s been a rather eventful last 4 or 5 days around these parts. Thursday I quit taco mac. Saturday was my last shift there. Friday, davis and I hob-nobbed with famous people. We volunteered for “speak truth to power” which was an amazing event – kerry kennedy (who is very kind and inspiring) wrote the book that both recognized the human rights abuses that take place the world over, and also those who are defenders of human rights – there were several nobel peace prize winners there and also some of the people whose stories are in her book. Before everything started, I got to talk to martin sheen…yes, president Bartlett. :) he had a question about access to a room and asked me about it. Very cool. And then I talked to Emily saliers who was bitchy…both times I talked to her. I’ve come to the conclusion that she’s always that way. And then I didn’t know who chris tucker was….he came in late and needed seating and I pretty much told him he would probably have to stand in the back with me b/c there was no seating left…but then I found out his mother was there and I found her for him and such. However, not until the reception did I figure out his name….and even then had to be told by davis he was in rush hour. Yep, good thing davis was there to keep me straight on the celebs…we couldn't (or davis couldn't) remember who fisher stevens was but later told me that he was in the short circuit movies. and lynn redgrave is famous too i know...but yet again i have no clue what she's done. sean penn didn't stick around afterwards so i can't tell you anything fun about him. though his wife is pretty. I wouldn’t have even known woody harelson on the street if I’d run into him. So anyway…we took lots of pictures (they gave out black and white disposable cameras to everyone) and I’ll post those pics once I get them developed. :) Ok. So then yesterday I slept until 12:30!!!! But I didn’t get home until 4 a.m. so that seems to make sense. We went to scoop’s house and watched the game…damn new england one (i'm a fan of their's but after they've been top dog for a while you've got to start cheering for the underdogs)..and I sat and did homework on the couch while the boys paid close attention to the goings on. And of course we made it home by nine to watch iron chef America for bob. :) ok. Now I must get back to work. Sugarland in less than a week with 3 of my taco mac girlfriends!!!!! Yeah! 0 Comments: |
|
sunshine and rope swings
|
|
aoi's design from SCRATCH © 2004
|